The Historic Swedo House at the Karen Blixen Coffee Garden and Cottages, Ltd. was the original hunting lodge/farm house which was built around 1906 to 1908. It is located approximately a half mile from the Karen Blixen (Bogani House) museum, and is 15 minutes from downtown Nairobi.
The historic Grogan/MacMillan Manor House was moved brick by brick from downtown Nairobi to the Coffee Garden in 2008 to save it from destruction.
It is the site of the original farmhouse of the property, which now is near the Karen Blixen Museum (of “Out of Africa”) and about half a mile from the Karen Golf and Country Club where guest can enjoy golfing, tennis, squash as well as other activities. The Coffee Garden sits only 5 ½ acres of land with large hundred year old trees and a beautiful garden with hundreds of different varieties of blooming flowers, and a large population of birds.