The cottages are located in Karen, a beautiful, peaceful suburb approximately 20 miles from downtown Nairobi. The cottages are located in the midst of one of the oldest formal gardens in Kenya which have huge jacaranda, candelabra, cactus, bottlebrush, and other trees. Over 200 types of flowers bloom through the year and numerous bird feeders attract hundreds of varieties of birds.
Cottage facilities house as many as 30 guests. Eight of the cottages have individual suites and three have two bedroom suites with a common large sitting room. The honeymoon cottage has a large bedroom and sitting room each with a fireplace.
The cottages have been designed after the historic Swedo House to give a sense of reliving history in elegant style. All well appointed cottages have hi-
beam ceilings with fireplaces, wood and mazeras stone floors. Mini bars, satellite TVs and internet connections have also been installed.
Each bedroom has a large bathroom with its own shower and bath. Internet connections and phones are available in all rooms. Three cottages have two
private suites with a separate dressing room.
All cottages have a verandah for relaxing while enjoying the birds, butterflies and flowers of the garden. We provide feeders to attract a wide variety of birds.
Residents can also enjoy twenty-four-hour room service. A private swimming poll and private garden bar are available for a relaxing afternoon or for small group get togethers. Private outdoor dinner parties by the pool can also be arranged.
Some of the advantages of this beautiful location whether you are a tourist or doing business include:
1. The cottages are located about a half mile from the famous Karen Blixen Museum, which is one of principal tourist attractions in Kenya. The museum property does not have facilities for meals or lodging and the Coffee Gardens have historically been major draw for the tourists visiting the museum.
2. The cottages are near the Wilson airport, which is used for all local safari flights in Kenya.
3. The Coffee Garden is located outside of Nairobi so guests coming on safari do not have to deal with the traffic and other problems of large city life.
4. The Coffee Garden is within a few minutes drive to the Nairobi National Wildlife Park. In route to the Coffee Gardens guests can be taken from the international airport and within 10 minutes be on their first safari game drive through Nairobi National Park.
5. They will exit on the Langata side of the park to arrive at the Coffee Gardens and Cottages within 10 minutes.
6. The cottages are located within 15 minutes of the Kenya Wildlife Service headquarters and zoo and within 10 minutes of the Sheldrick elephant and rhino orphanage.
7. All shopping and banking is accessible in the nearby township of Karen where residents will have easy access to banks, pharmacies, local restaurants, medical facilities, etc.
8. The cottages are located about a half mile from the Karen Country and Golf Club. Guests staying at the cottages have access to the country club golf, tennis and pool facilities.
9. We can arrange nature walks on horse back with the Karen Riding School including Champagne breakfasts or Sundowners.